Yesterday the Senate approved a Republican border security amendment that virtually guarantees that the comprehensive immigration reform bill will pass the U.S. Senate, probably by the end of this week. The amendment authored by Bob Corker (R-TN) and John Hoeven (R-ND) will spend $30 billion dollars to increase security on the US – Mexico border. One of the amendments own sponsors even called the amendment “overkill.” Senator John McCain (R-AZ) said today that, “We’ll be the most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall.” I’m not sure many Americans want that kind of association, especially in light of the recent NSA surveillance disclosures. Like most immigration advocates, I support comprehensive immigration reform. It’s a shame, however, that rational policy making can only be secured by wasteful measures that beg comparisons to communist East Germany.
Call: (865) 470-0788
Contact Us For Help! Contáctenos para obtener ayuda!
- Application of Expedited Removal Expands under Trump Administration
- Visa Applicants Now Required to Disclose Social Media Accounts
- 3 Things to Know About Changes to the H-1B Visa Program
- What Are the Proposed Changes to the Public Charge Rule?
- Immigrants Seeking Citizenship via Military Service Face Tougher Restrictions
- The 30/60-Day Rule is Now the 90-Day Rule
1966 Act 2017 Diversity Visa Lottery action for parents of americans advance parole American Opportunity Tax Credit application Child Tax Credit court decision cuban daca dapa deadline dry foot E-Verify EB-5 Entrepreneurs executive orders fee fiance Foreign h-1b homeland security imm Immigration Reform Updates International Investment Visa IRS ITIN medical N-400 N-600 naturalization parole process program provisional restrictions TEA Trump unlawful presence USCIS visa visa waiver waiver wet foot