The lame-duck Republican Congress did not completely ignore immigration in its last days. Congress passed measures to 1) extend a program that offers 500 non-immigrant visas for nurses working in medically unserved areas, 2) extend a program that placed American-trained foreign physicians in medically unserved areas, and 3) broaden the categories of athletes elible for the non-immigrant performer (P) visa. Congress was not so positive on employment issues such as raising the H-1B and employment-based immigrant visa quotas, failing to address these items altogether. Much remains to be achieved in 2007. We’ll soon see if the new Democratic leadership is up to the task.
Call: (865) 470-0788
Contact Us For Help! Contáctenos para obtener ayuda!
- Immigration Services Suspended In-Person Services Until June 4
- Public Charge Ground of Inadmissibility
- Application of Expedited Removal Expands under Trump Administration
- Visa Applicants Now Required to Disclose Social Media Accounts
- 3 Things to Know About Changes to the H-1B Visa Program
- What Are the Proposed Changes to the Public Charge Rule?
1966 Act 2017 Diversity Visa Lottery action for parents of americans advance parole American Opportunity Tax Credit application Child Tax Credit court decision Covid-19 Covid19 cuban daca dapa deadline dry foot E-Verify EB-5 Entrepreneurs executive orders fee Foreign h-1b homeland security imm Immigration Reform Updates International Investment Visa IRS ITIN N-400 N-600 naturalization parole process program provisional restrictions TEA Trump unlawful presence USCIS visa visa waiver waiver wet foot